With Week 4 of the NFL season just hours away, many of the top players on offense will either be out or limited due to injuries. The Week 4 NFL Injury Report has been released, and many running backs and wide receivers are of great concern, mainly because they are either in danger of missing the game or being limited due to injuries suffered last week and earlier this season. Some of the key players who could be limited this weekend include Chicago Bears running back Matt Forte, Washington redskins wide receiver Pierre Garcon and Miami Dolphins running back Reggie Bush.
While those are a few of the biggest names who could miss their team’s game or see a diminished role, they are not the only ones. Here is a quick look at some of the major injuries heading into play during Week 4 of the 2012 NFL season.
* Hakeem Nicks, WR, New York Giants: Nicks has been ruled out of Sunday night’s game against the Philadelphia Eagles. He will miss his second straight game.
* Kenny Britt, WR, Tennessee Titans: The Titans also downgraded Britt from doubtful to out. He will not play against the Houston Texans.
* Pierre Garcon, WR, Washington Redskins: Garcon is expected to play for the Redskins for the first time since Week 1, but he will be limited. Washington will have him on a snap count, and it is not yet known what that number will be.
* Mikel Leshoure, RB, Detroit Lions: The Lions expect Leshoure to play through a groin injury suffered last week in his NFL debut. Detroit takes on the Minnesota Vikings, but Leshoure could be limited or aggravate the injury at any point. (Update-Leshoure appears to be running fine in pregame warm ups)
* Reggie Bush, RB, Miami Dolphins: The Dolphins are actually saying that they expect Bush to play today against the Arizona Cardinals, although he may be limited. Miami could give Daniel Thomas and Lamar Miller more action out of the backfield.
* Fred Jackson and C.J. Spiller, RB, Buffalo Bills: At this point, neither is a lock to play against the New England Patriots, although Jackson appears more likely to at least give it a go. Buffalo may opt to rest Spiller for one week if they feel Jackson can play enough. (Update- Jackson is likely to start with CJ Spiller backing him up)
* Darren McFadden, RB, Oakland Raiders: No real problem here. Run DMC should be a full go with no limitations against the Denver Broncos.
* Dwayne Bowe, WR, Kansas City Chiefs: Bowe will play and start against the San Diego Chargers.
* Laurent Robinson, WR, Jacksonville Jaguars: The Jags have cleared Robinson of his concussion symptoms and expect him to play, if not start, against the Cincinnati Bengals.
* Rob Gronkowski, TE, New England Patriots: As I reported yesterday, Gronk is questionable, but no signs point to him missing today’s game against the Buffalo Bills. He may see slightly fewer targets, but should still be just fine.
* Matt Forte and Michael Bush, RB, Chicago Bears: Both could play on Monday night against the Dallas Cowboys, but they will both see fewer carries. Bush is likely to see a split, as Forte could still be limited.
*Steven Jackson, RB, St. Louis Rams: Jackson will play, but his is still limited. It is the same case as usual with him.
* Willis McGahee, RB, Denver Broncos: The Broncos expect McGahee to play and see his normal action, but I am a little less certain. I say he plays, but his numbers will be limited at least a bit.
Tagged with: C.J. Spiller, Darren McFadden, Dwayne Bow, Fred Jackson, Hakeem Nicks, Kenny Britt, Laurent Robinson, Matt Forte, Michael Bush, Mikel Leshoure, NFL Week 4 Injury Report, Pierre Garcon, Reggie Bush, Rob Gronkowski, Steven Jackson, Willis McGahee