One quarter of the regular season is complete and we only have three teams remaining unbeaten in the NFL Week Five Power Rankings. Surprisingly, two teams remain winless and one of those teams is the New Orleans Saints. Many pundits suggested the Saints might take a step back this season given their coaching situation but the Saints have fallen off the cliff in the first four weeks of the season. As with any NFL season, we have some surprises in the standings with some teams overachieving early on in the season. Let’s look at this week’s standings.
1.Houston Texans- The Texans look to be a very solid team and are starting to run away with the AFC South.
2.Atlanta Falcons- Matt Ryan is enjoying the Falcons new offensive scheme.
3.San Francisco 49ers- Complete domination of the Jets on Sunday.
4.Baltimore Ravens- 1 point away from being 4-0.
5. Arizona Cardinals- I still have concerns about the QB position.
6.New England Patriots-45 points in the second half on Sunday. What offensive struggles?
7. Green Bay Packers- Is the team starting to gel?
8.Philadelphia Eagles- First NFL team to win first 3 games by 2 points or less.
9.Cincinnati Bengals- Quietly posting a 3-1 record.
10.Minnesota Vikings- Christian Ponder is silencing his critics.
11. Chicago Bears- Can this team win on a consistent basis?
12. San Diego Chargers- Ryan Mathews in the doghouse?
13.New York Giants- Tough loss to the Eagles on Sunday night.
14. Denver Broncos- What questions about Peyton Manning?
15. Dallas Cowboys- What an embarrassment on the national stage Monday night.
16. Seattle Seahawks- Unbeatable at home, so-so on the road.
17. Pittsburgh Steelers- Rashard Mendenhall returns.
18. New York Jets- How much longer does Mark Sanchez hold on to the starting job?
19. St. Louis Rams- Coaching does matter, Jeff Fisher is heading in the right direction.
20. Tennessee Titans- Chris Johnson hits the century mark for the first time this season.
21. Detroit Lions-How long will Jim Schwartz’s job be safe?
22. Washington Redskins- How long will Billy Cundiff remain the Skins kicker?
23. Miami Dolphins- The Dolphins need a few more offensive weapons.
24. Buffalo Bills- $175 million on that re-built defensive line?
25. Oakland Raiders- Can you really trust Carson Palmer?
26. Kansas City Chiefs- Matt Cassel on a short leash?
27. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- New issues each week and too many penalties.
28. Carolina Panthers- Cam Newton not progressing as expected.
29. New Orleans Saints- This team misses Sean Payton.
30. Indianapolis Colts- Prayers go out to head coach Chuck Pagano.
31. Jacksonville Jaguars- Passing game still lagging.
32. Cleveland Browns- Schedule doesn’t get any easier moving forward.
Filed under: NFL