Today is a unique date on the calendar, as December 12, 2012 reads as 12/12/12, or 12-12-12, depending on how you prefer to see it listed. For the majority of us, it will be the last time in our lifetimes that we ever witness such an occurrence. That got me to thinking about the top 12 players who wore the jersey No. 12 in NFL history. You may agree with some, you may disagree with others. As always, feel free to voice your opinion at the conclusion of the article, but here is the top 12 NFL players who wore the No. 12 on their uniform.
12. Joe Ferguson – QB – Buffalo Bills, Detroit Lions, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Indianapolis Colts
11. John Brodie – QB – San Francisco 49ers
10. Doug Williams – QB – Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Washington Redskins (Also wore No. 17)
9. Randall Cunningham – QB – Philadelphia Eagles, Minnesota Vikings, Dallas Cowboys, Baltimore Ravens )Also wore No. 1 and No. 7)
8. Aaron Rodgers – QB – Green Bay Packers
7. Bob Griese – QB – Miami Dolphins
6. Ken Stabler – QB – Oakland Raiders, Houston Oilers, New Orleans Saints (Also wore No. 16)
5. Jim Kelly – QB – Buffalo Bills
4. Roger Staubach – QB – Dallas Cowboys
3. Joe Namath – QB – New York Jets, Los Angeles Rams
2. Terry Bradshaw – QB – Pittsburgh Steelers
1. Tom Brady – QB – New England Patriots
As always, lists are subjective. I struggled putting Brady ahead of Bradshaw. it was also difficult to place Cunningham only at No. 9, as he was always one of the more exciting players to watch. He paved the way for players such as Cam Newton and Robert Griffin III. While Brady and Rodgers are the only two active players on the list, we could see Andrew Luck perhaps bump Ferguson off of the list before his career is over.
With all of that being said, how would your list differ, on this, the 12th day of the 12th month of the year 2012?