We are two weeks into the college football season. Whose stock has fallen early in the season.
- My has Thomas stock dropped. He once thought to be a top NFL prospect. Thomas has really struggled this season. Of course he struggled versus Alabama completing only 5 of 26 passes. You would think he would bounce back against Western Carolina, but that wasn’t the case; he threw 2 INT’s. He hasn’t been the running threat this season also.
- I got burned by Miller last week. He got hurt on the 1st drive after he took off to run and he hurt his knee and took a shot to the head. Miller was also on and off the field in week 1 with minor stuff. That’s the price you pay for running QB’s. Right now Miller may not be worth his price if he can’t stay on the field.
- Driskel has not lived up to the hype in his college career. His last game against Miami he struggled big time by throwing 2 key INT’s. Florida dominated Miami in terms of yards but they couldn’t get the ball into the endzone.
Not one player is really sticking out here, but I will list some teams that are still unsettled at the RB position or other issues.
- The Tigers really have 4 capable RB’s. Jeremy Hill is probably the best but hasn’t gotten his carries because of off field issues. Alfred Blue was listed the starter but Terrence Magee has produce the best in games.
- Who is the Irish starting RB Amir Carlisle, George Atkinson or Cam McDaniel? Atkinson was listed as the starter at the beginning of the season but it seems like Carlisle has passed him. Have to watch how Brian Kelly uses his RB’s in the next couple of games.
- Starting QB Bo Wallace and Barry Brunetti have 40 rushes on the season while starting RB Jeff Scott only has 16. Brunetti comes in near the goal line to run the wildcat taking away goal line carries from Scott.
- Note this is not Lee’s fault he is on the list. He has his QB’s to thank for that. It’s hard to believe but the USC QB’s are that bad. Last week they threw for 54 yards. Lee caught 7 balls for 27 yards. That’s right a 3.9 AVG. I think all of those passes were just screen passes to the flat because the USC QB’s can’t throw downfield.
- After a huge freshman season, Watkins was a bit of a disappointment last year. Take away Watkins 77 yard TD catch versus Georgia this year he only has 8 catches for 69 yards. Clearly not worth his price on most sites.
- Being a PSU fan I thought that the TE’s would have a huge year this season but that hasn’t been the case yet. Last season the PSU TE’s averaged about 7 catches a game and had a total of 10 TD’s. So far this season they have 8 catches and 0 TD’s.
Filed under: NCAA