Before I break down the positions every player in the UCLA and Nebraska game is in play. Last year these two teams played a shootout. UCLA had 653 total yards while Nebraska had 439 yards. Both teams have most of their offensive players back and still questions on their defense especially for Nebraska. The over and under in this game is 70. Check out the rest of my week 3 picks below.
– Yes, Chip Kelly is in the NFL but the Ducks are still running their high powered offense. Last week Mariota threw for 2 scores and 199 yards and he also ran for 122 yards and a score. I love to use dual threat players at QB. The Vols should keep it somewhat close so Mariota should play close to a whole game.
– Bridgewater still is not hyped enough nationally I think. All he has done in two games this season is throw for 752 yards and 9 TD’s. In week 1 Kentucky gave up 271 passing yards to Western Kentucky imagine how many yards Bridgewater can put up?
– I for one didn’t expect much out of the Buffs offense but they have proved me wrong. A big reason for that is QB Connor Wood. In 2 games he has thrown for 741 yards and 6 TD’s. As a team last season the Buffs only had 11 passing TD’s. It doesn’t hurt Wood’s stock that he has a stud WR in Paul Richardson and that Fresno State struggles versus the pass. Gary Nova threw for 5 TD’s against them in week 1.
Other QB’s I Like– J.W. Walsh (Oklahoma State), Jameis Winston (Florida State), CJ Brown (Maryland)
Stay Away From: Logan Thomas (Virginia Tech)
– Although he didn’t start last week because of off field issues, Carey played and showed how explosive he is. He ran for 171 yards and 2 TD’s. This week the Wildcats get UTSA, and Carey should go off, and he should be out of the dog house.
– I know the running game struggled against Virginia Tech, but you know Nick Saban will makes it right. The Aggies defense has struggled against the run this season, last week they gave up 240 yards rushing to Sam Houston State, and Alabama isn’t a Sam Houston State.
– The Former walk on is now atop the depth chart after beating out Savon Huggins. So far in two games he has rushed the ball 40 times for 301 yards and 3 TD’s. This week he gets Eastern Michigan, who is horrible against the run. They gave up over 200 yards rushing to Howard.
– Tre Madden has filled in for Silas Redd and did a great job. Last time out versus Washington State he carried the ball 32 times for 151 yards. If Redd doesn’t play again this week Madden is a must play especially with USC’s QB problems.
– It appeared that Anthony Wilkerson would replace Stepfan Taylor but in Stanford’s 1st game last week Tyler Gaffney got all of the carries. He ran for 104 yards and 2 TD’s. You have to look Gaffney within the Stanford system. He should have a big day versus Army.
Other RB’s I Like– DeAnthony Thomas (Oregon), Arkansas RB’s, Bishop Sankey (Washington)
– Richardson had a break out start to the season. In two games he has caught 21 passes for 417 yards and 4 TD’s. Fresno State really struggles against the pass so Richardson should have a big game.
– Cooks has been dominant the 1st two weeks of the season catching 20 passes for 288 yards and 4 TD’s. The improved play of QB Sean Mannion only helps Cooks value.
– Robinson has been the main target for true freshman QB Christian Hackenberg. In 1 and ½ games Robinson has caught 14 passes for 262 yards and 2 TD’s. He has the ability to break a simple swing pass for a TD. Bill O’Brien will get him his touches.
Other WR’s I Like– Stefon Diggs (Maryland), Josh Stewart (Oklahoma State), Amari Cooper (Alabama)
Stay away from: Marquise Lee (USC)
Filed under: NCAA